Welcome to my Kindermusik space...

A place to refresh your love of music, your wonder in children, and your peace in parenting well.



Tuesday, November 23

You've got a friend in me

I'm just going to come out and say it - as much as I love the curriculum that I teach - there is something I like even more.  When I wake up in the morning and am getting ready to teach, it's not the lesson I'm so thrilled about.  It's the opportunity to meet with the families that I've known for years, or the ones that I'm just getting to know this semester.  The people are the best part.  I get energy from being around people.  Not everyone is like that.  I've done testing and found out that people with an extroverted personality actually get more energy for life from their interactions with others.

That being said, I read recently that if you want to have your child develop a lifetime love of music, encourage the social aspect of music making with dance, group instrument playing and singing.  We've certainly witnessed that in our little studio.  For many Kindermusik families, one of the best parts about being involved in a musical endeavour is the opportunity to bond with others.  As people come together to learn about music and put those new found skills to use in community jam sessions, we are able to feel the energy in the room and communicate with each other on a new level of connectedness.

I want your children (and you too, parents) to feel at home in the class.  I want friendships to be made, conversation shared, and music enjoyed!  It's why we have a little bonding/play time at the beginning of class, and dance together and share our own stories of life.  In the long run, it's a happy, connected child that wants to keep coming back to learn more another day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment