Welcome to my Kindermusik space...

A place to refresh your love of music, your wonder in children, and your peace in parenting well.



Sunday, January 23

Sharing stories, merging hearts


This morning I was talking to one of my best friends in the world and she asked if I was going to be posting again today.  Must admit that it's always with mixed feelings that I hear such questions.  On the one hand I am happy to know that people are actually reading what I'm writing.  On the other, it feels a little pressured to say something meaningful.  I told her that I'd give her a shout-out in my blog (smile).  So to Shannon, here's your mention (and picture because people are going to wonder who you are!)
I do enjoy blogging and sharing my heart with you all.  It's part of who I am to be passing on the twenty-five cents of information that I have accumulated along life's path.  In fact, words have always held a high regard for me.  I love a well-crafted sentence. 

Just yesterday I was reading a book where  two mothers had just met and discovered they each had the challenge of raising a special needs child.  There was this amazing sentence that grabbed my attention:

" We stared at each other for a moment, in silence, as our hearts twisted together like vines."  (from "Dancing with Max, p. 151  Emily Colson, Zondervan publishing, 2010) 

There's a great word picture if ever there was one : )

So what does all this have to do with parenting well, music and such?  I got to thinking about how almost all of what I know has been passed on to me from others.  My parents, teachers,  friends, authors.  It has been their willingness to be open about their lives and experiences that has brought learning and richness to my life.  

You have a story to tell, too, and I love to hear about your journey.  When friends meet over a cup of coffee, or in a Kindermusik classroom, wonderful things can happen.  Shared stories become rich resources for parenting ideas.  Understanding ears become pathways to hope.  Laughter becomes glue that binds lives together.  Songs become the vehicle of love.  And hearts "twist together like vines".

It can feel scary to be vulnerable and talk about your challenges, your life, but if you bring your open heart to class, your willingness to offer your story may be just the answer someone is looking for!

And Shannon, you know my heart is knit to yours.  Thanks for being there for me always!


No comments:

Post a Comment